Friday, February 27, 2009

Matilda Jane ~ My New Love

In case you haven't heard, there is the most AMAZING designer for women and children's clothing...her name is Denise and her line goes by MATILDA JANE.

I was invited to a party last Fall and pretty much thought...NAH.


My curiosity was peaked so I did some scholarly Google searching and saw a few pieces that were calling my name. So, I went to the party.


Immediatly following the party, I KNEW I simply had to have my own party. My friends needed to know about this stuff!


The clothes are so unique and so darn sweet. They yell out "GIRLY". However, some of the pieces have sort of a punky twist. You can piece them together so creatively.
(i.e. I love taking the tops & dresses and putting them with dark denim skinny jeans...or leggings we already own. I also pair the skirts with solid tops already hanging in our closet.)

So...it is now time for the Matilda Jane 2009 SPRING line to be seen. Pitter patter.

Where? You might ask...you can only see the "Pretties" at someone's Trunk Show. The online ordering system is very limited.

I am anxiously awaiting next Thursday, March 5th...that is the day my oh so sweet Trunk Keeper Heather will be unveiling "the goods" right in my front living room. YIPPEE!!

If you would like to take a peek at these little pieces of art, pop on over.
It's COME 'N GO 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. You're welcome to bring little ones.

To read more about the super talented designer, go to http://matildajane.typepad.com/. (Believe it or not, she doesn't even have any daughters!)

The main website, http://matildajaneclothing.com/, should be updated on Sunday, March 1st...the official kick-off for the Spring season.

I'm sure you're wondering...yea, they're cute pieces...but how much $moula$ are we talking about??

You know I was asking the exact same question.


For the design and quality, the prices are very fair. Almost like a retail Baby Gap price...maybe a smidge more. Less than Kathleen's Kids though.


And, the BEST part? The pieces re-sell on eBAY like little ROCK STARS! Go do a search for "Matilda Jane" and then click on "completed items" and then search high to low price.
WOWSER!

I told you...they are like little pieces of art. Many of the pieces end up going for more than you pay! I would say, you should at least be able to recover half of what you spend. Now that's quite a deal!

From t-shirts to ruffled pants to skirts to dresses...

Our girls are only young for such a short time...

There are 14 MOMMY pieces available this Spring...I heard they are very "ANTHROPOLOGIE-ish"

The Girls' sizes range from 12 months on up to teens.

Hope to see you Thursday! :)

No pressure to buy anything...you're welcome to just come look at all the eye candy, have a cup of coffee and visit with some la-la-ladies. :)

3 comments:

kim said...

oooolala! I can hardly wait.... purty purty things! :)

L stewart said...

Soooo Exciting! My party is Tuesday here in OKC! I can't wait to see it all!

Heather said...

You are so darn cute!! Just be 'glad' you aren't me...I spent 5 hours yesterday PLAYING and doing fashion shows with my girls. I think it may be a sickness ;) See you Thursday! :)