Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Baby got a Boo Boo

The O-Man had a head-on collision with our stone fireplace this morning.
It was one of the most emotional moments of my life to see my baby with an inch & half long gash in his sweet little forehead.
No church for us today...it was off to the St. John E.R. instead.
Owen was an incredible patient...he simply could not have been any better. He laid perfectly still & shed not one tear during his 6 stitches.
He's home safe and sound, taking a nice long nap.
After 3 out of 4 kiddo's needing stitches, this Momma's hoping that's the end of our E.R. runs!

10 comments:

kim said...

poor owen! It is so hard to see your baby get hurt.

Ty's booboo was over his right eyebrow! These two boys are sure alot alike!

I hope he is feeling okay after his nap!

Unknown said...

Poor Owie!!! I was wondering where you guys were this morning. That gash is horrible looking! I'm glad to know that he did great and will be better! Give him a kiss for me!

@nnie said...

oh my goodness. that looks like a monster cut. i hate that feeling of knowing you have to face the pain of your child... but it is something you all will probably always talk about... we always hear our boo boo stories from when we were little. Give Owen a hug for us!

Amanda Herrold said...

OUCH! I will be praying the stitches do their job and keep that beautiful face in tact!

Anonymous said...

oh! that's a lot bigger than what i imagined! i'm so sorry for little o. poor guy! missed you guys today! love you!

Amanda Herrold said...

I'm a follower!

L stewart said...

poor baby! I have a fear of kids and fire places. I'm glad he was so good for you all at the ER.

ThatsBaloney said...

Too bad it's not October - looks a little like a Frankenstein with those stitches there!
Poor little guy. Hope he heals up soon.

Shabbee Chick said...

Poor little guy!

Unknown said...

Poor little guy! Poor Mommy too! That hurts just to look at it. Hope he's recovering well!