Sunday, August 5, 2012

20 Years Later

Twenty four years ago (1988) God brought a little Methodist girl and a handsome Jewish boy together at a Catholic high school called Bishop Kelley. 
It didn't take long before God brought us, and many others, together as friends. Friends who had an absolute blast together!
It really is beyond belief that it's been TWENTY years since we walked across that stage getting our diploma. In the above picture alone, together, we have produced 14 kids! So...a few things have changed. We have been forced to grow up. :-)
A fun little fact is that my BF from college was not a close friend of mine in HS. Her last name was "Kirkpatrick" and mine was "King" - so we did have lockers right next to one another. But, it wasn't until our freshman year at the Univ of OK that we connected on a much deeper level. (SO thankful for that by the way...she is a rock in my life!)
I apologize for the *vampire eyes - iphone pics aren't so snazzy...really wishing I woulda taken my good camera in to the event :-(
The girls above were very special people in my life in HS. Starting from left - Jolene and I became fast friends at the age of 14. "KAJO" is our nickname. We have walked out mothering 4 children each, and regularly keep in touch and celebrate Holidays together. Next one up is Ashley...she was my first close friend at Kelley. She and I share many special memories. Then, there's Ashleigh B. We double dated our HS sweethearts and then all through college as well. She and Greg went to KU freshman year and then Dan and I (her beau) lured them down to OU by our sophomore year! We continue to be dear friends. 
I am still laughing about the above...Jolene kept telling us the *Key to a great picture is to "drop jaw" right when the flash is going off. We giggled til we almost wet our pants about this...every pic she would yell out, "Drop Jaw!!" I wasn't so good at it. 
Last, but not least, we ended the evening with a bang. The bartender asked if anyone left in the room played football...and guess who did? My hubs. He was the lucky one who got to run through our Class Banner like it was a Game Day! 
What a way to end our Reunion!! haha :-)

No comments: