Friday, May 6, 2011

Carve Out Time

This is one of my dearest friends, Karis (in the Greek it means Grace). And, grace is one of the words I would use to describe her. To me, however, she is "Karista" ~ rhymes with "Barista" ~ think a little about that, and you'll realize why I nicknamed her that! :-)
I felt the need to express how important it is to carve out the time to be with the ones you love. With the busyness of kids' activities, exercise, church events, etc. there is very little time leftover for moments like these. And with two busy Momma's, it's not easy to make these times happen.

 After finding out one of my dearest friends is moving away, it really sparked something in me to make a more diligent effort to spend time with the people I love...meaningful time. So, whatever the sacrifice, I try to make it happen.
Life is Short & God is Good. But...Time is Fleeting. Take the Time to Be with the Ones You Love.

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."  ---Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

ThatsBaloney said...

We get so caught up in our everyday. It's a good idea to prioritize and invest in time with people who matter to us.
I'm going to miss B so much. :(