Saturday, July 10, 2010

One Step Closer to Her Dream...

My Abby has wanted to grow up to be a *FASHION DESIGNER* for a couple of years now...
We knew the only way for that dream to be able to come true is to get her in sewing lessons...
But, even before that...we knew she needed a sewing machine. So ~ for her 9th b'day, just last month, we gifted her with this:
Her very own, official Singer sewing machine.
Next, we signed up for summer sewing lessons with her dear friend Miah.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Here she is with her fabulous instructor on her very 1st day...
And here she is after her 2nd day with her very 1st creation! A machine sewn, lined tote bag with her name handstitched on front.
I don't know if I have ever seen her so excited!! She couldn't wipe the gigantic smile off of her face for hours!
(I totally remember the feeling when I took sewing 11 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant with Will. There's just nothin' like sewing your very own creation!)
We will cherish this darling tote bag for many, many years to come...
Who knows...maybe one day it will be worth gold after she becomes a world renowned Fashion Designer!!! :)

No comments: