Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Watch Oprah on Wednesday!

For those of you who know me... you know I have a passion for finding ways to maximize our family's finances. In other words, I love to save $$$! From coupons, to price adjustments, to garage sales to Craig's List. You name it, I'm not too proud to try it!

I just saw that Oprah will be airing a show tomorrow on the subject:
Wednesday, 10/08/08
The Thriftiest Family in America
One of the thriftiest families in America shares their money-saving secrets with you! Then, slash you grocery bill in half. One mom says she can show you how.

(little aside: I am not a proponent of Oprah...however, I do find some of her shows to be educational, i.e. Dr. Oz.)

I also came across a new website/blog here in Tulsa that is great! It is called 918moms.com. Very informative.


Under "Bloggers" go to COUPON QUEEN and check out her saving money gems! I'm loving them!!

http://www.918moms.com/blog/author/918-coupon-queen/


Especially in today's ecomony, it is so super important to be good stewards of our money.
Did you know that scriptures talk more about the subject of money than any other subject? I'm thinkin' God knew how powerful money would be in our lives...and how the love of (not money itself) is the root of many evils.



No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:24



For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:10


Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

(Don't ya love this verse?! Ahhh, warm fuzzies from God.)
[Siggie.png]

2 comments:

Ro said...

Thank you for the heads up!! I will be getting this episode on DVR (I never watch Oprah). I never realized how much money was talked about in the Bible until I did FPU, He always knows what we need help with!!

Anonymous said...

I saw that same episode last week. It was good-- but I still haven't gotten that coupon thing down. Well, I think it may take more time than I have to invest in it. If you figure out how to do the coupon thing without spending hours searching for them-- please fill me in! I would love to slash my $700/mo grocery budget in half!!!

Michelle
www.thisonesforthegirls.wordpress.com