Friday, April 5, 2013

EG Turns 90 & MF 30

A Little Background before the Big Birthday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started in MF when my oldest, Will, was just 4 months old!
It was the Fall of 1999
I attended faithfully every Monday morning from 9:30-11:30. 
I was hungry for the Lord...and MF studies & EG helped feed that hunger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guessing this was Fall 2003 since Abby is around 2 yrs old and I'm preg with Miss Ella
(that would be my now 9 yr old Ella)
(It would take more than just a blog post to explain what all went down between attending MF and becoming the facilitator...let's just say it was a GOD THING!)
September 2011, my first morning to lead Mothers Fellowship
(holding the special Bible that Brent got me for my 37th b'day)
Dec 2011
My 1st Christmas Brunch as Leader, but EG still by my side
My favorite MF guest speaker, Susan E., EG and I
May 2011
MF Spring Brunch
April 2012 - EG's 89th B'day celebrated at MF
May 2012-Final Spring Brunch

Silly Face 
I love the "GLORIFY GOD" in the background...isn't that what MF is all about? Glorifying God through our meeting together, studying His Word and encouraging one another.
Me, EG, Anita, Becky
My *ALL.TIME.FAVE.* pic of EG - 
Praising God after receiving a long desired Laptop from all the MF Girls

"Grace was in all her steps, heaven in her eye, in every gesture dignity and love."  John Milton
Dec 2012 Christmas Brunch
Esther Gene's 90th Birthday and 30th Year of Mothers Fellowship Celebration
 
Corsage for our Guest of Honor
The April Tidings came out THE DAY of the Party!!! 
And guess who was on the front of it?! :-))
My Message to EG in her 90th B'day Scrapbook:

I have had the wonderful privilege of knowing Esther Gene for over 13 years now. I started in Mothers Fellowship the Fall of 1999 as a brand new Mom with a 4 month old baby boy. I was incredibly hungry for more of God's Word as well as fellowship with other young Moms. Oh how Mothers Fellowship fit the bill! Esther Gene has played an integral role in helping grow my faith, my knowledge of scripture and my love of prayer. God blessed me BIG when he divinely placed her in my life. To have the honor of sitting next to her every Tuesday morning is something I cherish with all my heart. I pray that I can continue her amazing legacy of faithfulness and love for God's word for the next generation.

Becky, EG's granddaughter, sang a beautiful song to her
 Kiss picture...love
Kerrye Morrison spoke about her Top 10 reasons for Loving EG
3 Generations look on at all the Love going on...
Me introducing EG so she can share a few words
My sweet mom came to honor EG...there she is in the coral jacket
Cake Time!
Amy S had her hubby set up a 2 string duo to bless us with music
Sweet Ellen H (our party photographer) cuddling with lil' Mad 
*4 Generations of Godly Girls!
Melissa, EG and I...two girls who have stuck by her side for over a decade each!
Living out Titus 2
*~*HAPPY 90TH BIRTHDAY My Beloved ESTHER GENE!*~*
May God continue to bless you with health, knowledge and a heart after His...
and Here's to 30 MORE YEARS of Magnificent *MOTHERS FELLOWSHIP!!!

No comments: