Thursday, December 13, 2012

Nutcracker x2

I've always wanted to take my girls to see *The Nutcracker.*
Despite just returning from a whirlwind trip to Disneyworld, I knew THIS was the year to go. 
Between the two girls, they participate in seven (yes 7!) different dance classes...ranging from Hip Hop to Jumps and Turns to Ballet.
Thus, I knew they would really appreciate the dancing they were about to see. And boy did they! Abby was in awe of the amount of pirouettes and turns the dancers could do. So sad I couldn't take any snapshots of the performances...it was truly stunning!!
As if we didn't take in enough Nutcrackers that afternoon, we then moved on to real life Nutcrackers! 
Abby's Hip Hop Dance Class was putting on a video for their dance instructor Cross. He is a producer of dance video's - ooh la la!
The girls were supposed to be "Nutcrackers" and then dance accordingly. Cross played a magician type character who would bring them "to life." I'll put the youtube link to the dance as soon as it is uploaded. :-)
This is Abby & Savi - dear friends since Kindergarten. (LOVE that they are the same size!!)
The girls with the professional hip hop ensemble that helped produce the video.
After watching dancing all afternoon and all evening, I think I may have turned into a Nutcracker myself!
"Clara: This is all like a dream come true. The Land of the Dolls is so beautiful and everyone's so kind. I've known some of you all my life. And to think we could all be together forever. Nutcracker: Then you'll stay. (Clara hangs her head) Clara, what is it? Clara: Oh, I want to. I want to stay with you, I do. But... Nutcracker: But? But what? 

No comments: