Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Oscar Goes To...

Wanted to give a shout out to one of my dear friends Steph for throwing a fabulous annual *Oscars Party* each year for the gals in our Sunday School class! And, lucky for me, this year's landed AFTER Just Between Friends prep week...SO, I was actually able to go, relax, and eat my face off!
"It’s like winning the golden dude. A great honor. Before I didn’t have the chance of the Jamaican Bobsled team of winning… now I do." ~Robin Williams (1998)
Stephanie is married to one of the most AMAZING men I have ever had the privilege of knowing. He willingly puts on a tux and greets each of the guests on the "red carpet" with microphone in hand. He interviews each of us about "who" we are wearing. He then proceeds to serve us during the night. Such a sweetheart!
Steph serves dinner while the rest of us bring appetizers & dessert. It's always super YUMMY!!
"We want to thank all of you for watching us congratulate ourselves tonight."
~Warren Beatty
Here's 2011's Oscar Watchin' Group
(well, not we don't really watch closely...just sort glance over when it gets interesting)
"I love you! Tom Cruise, I love you, brother! I love you, man! Everybody, I love you. I love you all . . . I love you. Everybody who's involved with this, I love you. I love you. Everybody involved."
~ Cuba Gooding, Jr.

No comments: