Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In the meantime...

My precious 8 yr old Abby has been patiently waiting to attain her own bedroom. For 3 1/2 years she has graciously shared living quarters with her little sister Ella (5 1/2). We've tinkered with adding a room, but it doesn't appear to be in the cards. So, we're now anxiously hoping that baby brother (Owen 2 1/2) can mature his bladder so that he can move in with big brother Will (10).
In the meantime, Abby has been making a few changes to their current living situation. With her amazing sense of creativity...she has taken a lap desk I got for her and stacked shoe boxes to create a "desk"...a jewelry holder out of a DS Game storage...a computer area with a Barbie computer and a little tikes pink stool...and many other little touches such as hanging doll clothes on dresser pulls.
So, without saying a word...I think her point has been made.
My Abby Lou is ready for one of her dreams to come true.
I hope it happens soon.
“It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh abbs!!! She is so creatively subtle!!! :)

ellen said...

That is precious! I like a girl who makes things happen.

L stewart said...

So funny.... I was just talking to Kyle tonight about how I can't wait for Emery and Alli to SHARE a room. They grow up so fast and want independence. I am not ready for that! HA!